如今专注为何如此困难Focus Is So Hard Nowadays

I’ve found it increasingly hard to focus on one particular thing.

我发现自己越来越难专注于某一件事情。

It’s not just about getting distracted when I’m working. It’s much more than that.

这不仅仅是在工作时分心那么简单,问题远不止于此。

Sometimes, I catch myself chasing shiny things. New ideas to try, unrelated tasks to finish, or random thoughts to think about. I don’t even realize I’m distracted until I’m aware of it.

有时我会发现自己追逐各种新鲜事物:尝试新点子、完成无关任务、或思考随机冒出的想法。往往在意识到之前,我根本没察觉自己已经分心了。

Distractions are everywhere.

干扰无处不在。

But the scariest part is that distractions don’t feel like distractions. They often disguise themselves as the “right” thing to do.

但最可怕的是,这些干扰并不让人感觉是干扰。它们常伪装成“正确的事”。

For instance, when I’m supposed to finish writing, I suddenly think about doing chores like washing clothes or tidying up. These tasks are important, but they’re distractions in that moment. They pull me away from my primary goal. Which is writing.

例如当我应该完成写作时,突然想到要洗衣服或整理房间。这些事本身重要,但在当下却成了干扰——它们让我偏离了首要目标。而我的首要目标本是写作。

The Subtle Trap of Modern Distractions

现代干扰的隐蔽陷阱

Social media, ads, and even content we enjoy are expertly designed to grab our attention.

社交媒体、广告甚至我们喜欢的内容,都被精心设计来夺取注意力。

They’re marketed as “entertainment,” but their real effect is to train us to crave constant stimulation.

它们被包装成“娱乐”,真实效果却是训练我们渴求持续刺激。

“A 2018 Pew Research Center survey found that 31 per cent of teenagers in the US lost focus in class due to cell phone use. Additionally, while doing homework, 51 per cent of teenagers watch TV, 50 per cent use social media, 76 per cent listen to music, and 60 per cent send text messages.”→(Asmi Khanna)

「2018年皮尤研究中心调查发现:31%美国青少年因使用手机导致课堂分心。此外,做作业时51%看电视、50%刷社交媒体、76%听音乐、60%发短信。」→(Asmi Khanna引用)

So, when you doom-scroll through endless short videos, your ability to focus shrinks. This cycle conditions us to expect rapid gratification, leaving little room for the patience and persistence focus requires.

因此,当你无意识地刷着没完没了的短视频时,专注能力正在萎缩。这种循环让我们期待即时满足,而专注所需的耐心和坚持却无处容身。

This isn’t what I want for myself and for you too.

这绝非你我想要的生活状态。

My Simple Approach to Reclaiming Focus

重拾专注的简单方法

Even though reclaiming focus isn’t an overnight success, it only takes a couple of days to feel it’s working.

虽然重建专注无法一蹴而就,但几天就能感受到成效。

Here’s what I’ve found effective:

以下是我发现有效的方法:

  1. Meditate Daily
  2. 每天冥想

I spend 20 minutes meditating every morning.

我每天早上花20分钟冥想。

Meditation is a powerful exercise for focus. While meditating, my mind often wanders—to random thoughts, to-do lists, or worries. But instead of getting frustrated, I bring my attention back to my breath.

冥想是专注的强大练习。在冥想时,我的思绪常常游走到随机想法、待办事项或担忧。但我不会感到沮丧,而是将注意力重新集中到呼吸上。

If I get distracted 30 times, that’s 30 opportunities to practice refocusing.

若分心30次,就获得30次重新专注的练习机会。

Each time I return to my breath, I’m training my mind to focus better, even in the chaos of daily life.

每次回归呼吸,都是在训练大脑更好地专注——即使在日常混乱中。

  1. Replace Doom-Scrolling With Intentional Content Consumption
  2. 用主动内容消费替代无意识刷屏

Short-form content can destroy your attention span.

短内容正在摧毁你的注意力持续时间。

Instead of mindlessly scrolling, I’ve replaced it with consuming content that adds value.

我选择用有价值的内容替代无意识刷屏。

For example:

例如:

● Podcasts: If I’m interested in a one-hour podcast, I commit to watching or listening without distractions for at least 15 minutes.(Chris Williamson, Deep Dive with Ali Abdaal, The Diary of a CEO, and more).

●播客:若对某期1小时播客感兴趣,承诺至少专注收听15分钟(如《克里斯·威廉姆森访谈》《阿里·阿布达拉深度对话》《CEO日记》等)。

● Videos or Tutorials: I select one video, focus on it fully, and reward myself afterward with a break or a small treat.(SMMA masterclass, how to learn English speaking, and more).

●视频/教程:选定一个视频完全专注观看,完成后奖励自己休息或小零食(如《SMMA大师课》《英语口语学习指南》等)。

The key is to focus for a longer period of time.

关键是专注更长的时间。

Not for a minute or 15 seconds.

而不是短短一分钟或15秒。

The Benefits of Building Focus

培养专注力的益处

Practicing focus doesn’t mean distractions disappear overnight. But over time, the effort compounds.

练习专注并不意味着分心会一夜间消失。但随着时间推移,努力会累积。

Here’s what I’ve felt after practicing my focus:

以下是我练习专注后的感受:

  • I can now put my attention on tasks for longer periods.
  • 我现在可以更长时间地将注意力集中在任务上。
  • I’m less tempted by shiny distractions because I’ve learned to be aware through meditation.
  • 我不太容易被闪亮的分心所诱惑,因为通过冥想我学会了保持觉知。
  • I feel more in control of my time and energy.
  • 我感到对自己的时间和精力更有掌控力。

The more you practice, the better you’ll get at filtering out distractions and directing your attention where it truly matters.

你练习得越多,就越擅长过滤分心,将注意力引导到真正重要的地方。

You only need to be aware of it and go back to focus.

你只需要意识到它并重新专注。

Conclusion

结论

Focus is hard, but it’s not impossible to improve.

专注很困难,但并非不可改善。

Start small. You don’t have to meditate for 20 minutes. You can meditate for a few minutes a day or commit to watching one video without distractions.

从小处着手。你不必冥想20分钟。你可以每天冥想几分钟,或承诺专注地观看一个视频。

Build your ability to concentrate slowly, just as you build your muscle through working out.

像锻炼肌肉一样,缓慢地建立你的专注能力。

It’s not about being perfect. It’s about showing up and practicing daily.

这不是为了完美。而是每天出现并练习。

So, take the leap.

所以,勇敢尝试。

献给一切有理想的现实主义者和有现实感的理想主义者
purfiles.com » 如今专注为何如此困难Focus Is So Hard Nowadays